Ashes - a Shadow Council RP guild.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A World of Warcraft guild on Shadow Council US server.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Eiko's Ashes Application
Examination on AoE Heal's overuse EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 1:21 am by Eiko

» Zaleindris- 80 Retribution Paladin
Examination on AoE Heal's overuse EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 3:32 am by zaleindris

» Ashtotem 80 Elemental Shaman
Examination on AoE Heal's overuse EmptyMon May 11, 2009 6:56 pm by Ashtotem

» Somebodyy 80 Shadow Priest
Examination on AoE Heal's overuse EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 5:02 pm by Somebodyy

» Application-Phrath- Death knight
Examination on AoE Heal's overuse EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 8:30 am by Triduana

» Do you wish to delete this Character?
Examination on AoE Heal's overuse EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 3:08 pm by Zebdag

» Patchwerk mechanics: Whoops
Examination on AoE Heal's overuse EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 4:15 pm by Typhron

» New site (>^_^)>
Examination on AoE Heal's overuse EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 11:42 am by Durindal

» You greedy pigs... j/k
Examination on AoE Heal's overuse EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 5:50 pm by Bowstornm

Examination on AoE Heal's overuse

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ellyndia
Admin
Ellyndia

Examination on AoE Heal's overuse Empty
PostSubject: Examination on AoE Heal's overuse   Examination on AoE Heal's overuse EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 1:33 am

Original Thread
Blue comments.

Basically they are thinking of putting CoH and Wild Growth back on a 6 second CD because those spells were getting way over use.

Thoughts? (mostly from sulg)
Back to top Go down
https://ashes.forumotion.net
Sulgaranosh

Sulgaranosh

PostSubject: Re: Examination on AoE Heal's overuse   Examination on AoE Heal's overuse EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 1:32 pm

Okay. A few basic thoughts on the state of healing at the moment.

1) In Blizzcon, devs had talked about how healing was going to be "overhauled" in a way much like tanking had. Their aim wasn't to make healing specs more equal with one another perse, but rather to change how healing was done in the game. Obviously, if you like how healing is, you went, "Aw, dammit not again Blizz," and if you didn't enjoy it cheered and ran around like a ninny (I like how healing is in the game).

2) In the past, Blizz has always done VERY odd things to the Priest class. They've always given us the most spells (lawl Lightwell) and expected us to use the most spells in our healing rotations (lawl Lightwell in a rotation).

3) I was dreading the moment I would see Ghostcrawler even talk about priests, as his hammer is fresh from 'working on' ret pallies.

That is the outlook I've had for the past month or so on healing. So I guess it wasn't completely unexpected that CoH healers would get nerfed, but I honestly didn't think they would put a cooldown timer on it again. The whole reason that CoH wasn't USED up until five/six months ago? It had a cooldown on it.

That's what scares me. Not the fact that CoH is getting nerfed in the first place - that I can deal with - but the fact that Blizz is just going to make it revert back to how it was before without giving us a hypothetical reach-around as an apology.

What will probably happen if CoH is given a cast timer/CD is that I will use Flash Heal, Shield, and Prayer of Healing much more. I have never once used Lightwell and I probably never will though, so although it's cute that Blizz has a thing for my spec, it's revolting what it wants to do to me.
Back to top Go down
Sulgaranosh

Sulgaranosh

PostSubject: Re: Examination on AoE Heal's overuse   Examination on AoE Heal's overuse EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 6:34 pm

A post I made in a discussion thread about CoH:

I'll admit I haven't done Sunwell, so I have no idea if things are different there.

On that note, having done 5-6 runs of BT and 3 full clears of it, along with plenty of Hyjal and T5, I've got a pretty good idea of what CoH healing is like. Maybe I'm more easily pleased than others, but I don't think it's boring or too simplistic at all. I spend tons of time working to perfect my gear, then my spec, then my gems, etc. The payoff of that is that I SHOULD be freaking high on the meters if I use (arguably!) the best AoE heal spell for priests in the game.

Generally on a fight in BT, my healing comes to 60-75% CoH, 15-25% Flash Heal, and 5-15% Prayer of Mending. So honestly, I am not just rolling my face on the keyboard while clicking groups of players. Yes, CoH is my main spell, but it is not THE spell I use.

Furthermore: Holy Paladins. Yeah good thing they don't spam one button. And Blizz has NOT expressed any problem with this as far as I know. Furthermore even moreso, Holy Pally talents basically say, "Yes, you should be smashing your finger on this button for most raid bosses."

And I mean, look at how DPS classes are. BM hunters watch two bars to get some of the highest DPS in the game, and Destro locks spammed Shadowbolt the entire fight for the majority of the history of this game and could top DPS charts.

What is my main message? In the end, saying that Priests spamming CoH is dumb, overpowered, or repetitive is kind of like saying that the sky is blue on a clear day. This is how the game is, and if the only way to wake people up to the fact that certain spells are far superior to others that attempt to accomplish the same task is for a blue to freak the shit out of people using such a powerful spell, GG.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Examination on AoE Heal's overuse   Examination on AoE Heal's overuse Empty

Back to top Go down

Examination on AoE Heal's overuse
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ashes - a Shadow Council RP guild. :: General-
Jump to: