Ashes - a Shadow Council RP guild.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A World of Warcraft guild on Shadow Council US server.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Eiko's Ashes Application
How Much I Love My Guildies... EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 1:21 am by Eiko

» Zaleindris- 80 Retribution Paladin
How Much I Love My Guildies... EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 3:32 am by zaleindris

» Ashtotem 80 Elemental Shaman
How Much I Love My Guildies... EmptyMon May 11, 2009 6:56 pm by Ashtotem

» Somebodyy 80 Shadow Priest
How Much I Love My Guildies... EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 5:02 pm by Somebodyy

» Application-Phrath- Death knight
How Much I Love My Guildies... EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 8:30 am by Triduana

» Do you wish to delete this Character?
How Much I Love My Guildies... EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 3:08 pm by Zebdag

» Patchwerk mechanics: Whoops
How Much I Love My Guildies... EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 4:15 pm by Typhron

» New site (>^_^)>
How Much I Love My Guildies... EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 11:42 am by Durindal

» You greedy pigs... j/k
How Much I Love My Guildies... EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 5:50 pm by Bowstornm

How Much I Love My Guildies...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sulgaranosh

Sulgaranosh

How Much I Love My Guildies... Empty
PostSubject: How Much I Love My Guildies...   How Much I Love My Guildies... EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 2:05 am

So, upon feeling guilty for wasting approximately 15 minutes of Kav's time, I took it upon myself to go out to Blade's Edge Mountains and grind the +15 Spelldamage enchant for bracers. I was told by my fellow guildies, "It can't be a .7% drop. It only drops for enchanters."

Then I read posts like these. Brace (har har) yourselves.

1) "This must have been the most horrible grind I've ever done in the game. It took me over 1200 geomancer kills to get it and over two months (with grinding sessions of about 2 to 3 hours). At one point I actually seriously considered writing a ticket to see if I didn't have an error in my character that made me appear not an enchanter.

Always kill the skirmishers as well - I had quite a few circles where there weren't any Geomancers around, only skirmishers.

It finally dropped - of course, just passing through when on my way to Gruul and from the first Geomancer I kill) - and made me happy.

Just be ready for a long and ardeous grind for this one, though the end result is worth it."

2) "Just got mine today. Took a total of 10 hours of grinding over three days. I just about wanted to smash my laptop into pieces towards the end of it."

3) "Can I just say how sad it is killing these ogres. Maybe I'm the only one, but even when a computer-generated virtual being says things like:

"King <name>, me die now."
"King think... there really is... an Ogri'la?"
"Me honored... king kill me."

It makes me want to 1) Not kill those mobs and 2) Burst into tears.

If only Blizzard wanted to, they could up the ante by making the ogres not even attack you while you're killing them - just accept their fate and be honored their king/queen is killing them. I would probably avoid ever farming this recipe for fear of losing it and crying hysterically.

Note: The ogres only perform such emotes when said player is Neutral or higher with Ogri'la.

Happy (or sad) farming." (Jesus Christ)

Case in point, I'm going to get this damned recipe if it's the last thing I do in WoW. Not only to prove a point, but mostly to prove Agrivain wrong.
Back to top Go down
Agrivain
Admin
Agrivain

PostSubject: Re: How Much I Love My Guildies...   How Much I Love My Guildies... EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 2:31 am

Hmm, it does seem like this pattern is an exception to the rule. If you really do farm it, you have my pity.
Back to top Go down
Zed

Zed

PostSubject: Re: How Much I Love My Guildies...   How Much I Love My Guildies... EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 8:46 am

On my first 70 warrior (pvp server), I spent in total well over 10 hours of grinding the warrior guys in Deathforge (SMV) to get a BoP plan to drop. I got all the other grindable BoP plans on this warrior - none of the other ones were nearly as bad.

Just remember Gamblers' Fallacy: Just because you've killed so many, the odds are still the same that the next one will drop the recipe. (The falacy is the idea that your odds at winning increase as your losses tally, i.e. if you flip a coin and it's heads, falacy implies the next flip is more likely to be tails.)

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Much I Love My Guildies...   How Much I Love My Guildies... Empty

Back to top Go down

How Much I Love My Guildies...
Page 1 of 1