Ashes - a Shadow Council RP guild.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A World of Warcraft guild on Shadow Council US server.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Eiko's Ashes Application
Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you. EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 1:21 am by Eiko

» Zaleindris- 80 Retribution Paladin
Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you. EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 3:32 am by zaleindris

» Ashtotem 80 Elemental Shaman
Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you. EmptyMon May 11, 2009 6:56 pm by Ashtotem

» Somebodyy 80 Shadow Priest
Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you. EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 5:02 pm by Somebodyy

» Application-Phrath- Death knight
Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you. EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 8:30 am by Triduana

» Do you wish to delete this Character?
Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you. EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 3:08 pm by Zebdag

» Patchwerk mechanics: Whoops
Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you. EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 4:15 pm by Typhron

» New site (>^_^)>
Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you. EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 11:42 am by Durindal

» You greedy pigs... j/k
Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you. EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 5:50 pm by Bowstornm

Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you.

Go down 
+2
Ellyndia
Sulgaranosh
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sulgaranosh

Sulgaranosh

Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you. Empty
PostSubject: Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you.   Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you. EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 1:43 am

Hey guys. So, it looks like shit is going down today, much to the delight of myself and everyone in the guild. To make things a little less confusing/overwhelming for you more nooby types out there, here's some base facts about the patch. I've also included a link to a long list of mirrors if Blizz Downloader hates you or you hate it for hating you or you hate it for hating you when you didn't really hate it all when it began hating you.

1) Maintenance on all servers is going from 2 AM PST to 2 PM PST (that's 3 AM to 3 PM Server time).

2) Once the maintenance goes down, speculation is that 3.0.2 will go live. This means that either when you open the WoW Client, you'll get the downloader for all of the memory (if you didn't download it from a mirror), or you'll just get the latest patch was has not yet been released outside of Blizzard.

3) So far, all the patch files are totaling to around 1.3GB for PCs. Dunno about Macs. There's speculation another 200-400MB will be in the final patch tomorrow.

4) The link to a list of mirrors for all patches currently available is: http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/10/13/mirrors-to-get-you-caught-up-with-the-3-0-2-patch/

5) Also, mods: we all use them (or should. I knew there was a reason people moved during flame wraith-). WoWWiki has a fantastic list of addons along with symbols indicating whether or not they function with the WotLK beta. This effectively shows whether they work with 3.0.2 or not. Get going!

(Sorry for the hardcore raw linkage. I still need to learn to make shit look fancy in HTML.)

So, that's it. Remember, download ahead of time if you can. Download as soon as you see this sentence telling you to download, if you can. It just means that we'll get to stare at our shiny new beauties all the sooner. Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Ellyndia
Admin
Ellyndia

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you.   Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you. EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 10:49 am

/Already downloaded everything.
//Patching now so it'll be ready when I do play.
///But can't raid tonight due to work tonight and tomorrow.
////Slashies.
Back to top Go down
https://ashes.forumotion.net
Rolandox

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you.   Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you. EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 12:03 pm

having minor annoyances with the patching and dling everything hopefully it will be up by raid time
Back to top Go down
Rolandox

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you.   Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you. EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 1:41 pm

ok i have all of the files downloaded through mirrors and the blizzard downloader loads them all untill the last 2%. i have the "final" file i just don't know where in the files to place it for it to load properly. Due to my campus' connection blocking the ports from bliz i cant just download the last 2% normaly . So if any one has any helpful hints i would appreciate them greatly
Back to top Go down
Zalath

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you.   Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you. EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 6:59 pm

Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know that I'm currently installing the patch, but suffering from painfully slow downloads. Sad Not sure if it'll be ready by raid time, unfortunately. Also, I'm having to use the repairer and check files almost constantly, is anyone else having this trouble? I'm thinking it's because of my firewall, or something, but I'm hardly technical savvy.
Back to top Go down
Johcrane

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you.   Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you. EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 7:00 pm

Major issues with patch dl-ing also here. Comp froze at 32% so I am doing my best to get everything downloaded but probably wont be able to get on until at least 8 ST if not later. Sorry all.
Back to top Go down
Sulgaranosh

Sulgaranosh

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you.   Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you. EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 7:38 pm

I'm in the same infuriating boat as Johcrane on this one. Not sure why things aren't working here, but I'm moving/extracting patch files around and downloading some more. I just want to avoid using the Blizzard downloader at this point really. It's shut complete shit.

We'll see if it comes to that.
Back to top Go down
Kavije

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you.   Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you. EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 9:29 pm

Mmm. This is so /fun/.

I've reinstalled once. Got through BC, up to the patches.

"Failed to apply patch. You may have to reinstall."

Then, I cried. Just a bit, though.

Tried that link that Sulg was so generous to post, to grab the patches from.

"Failed to apply patch. You may have to reinstall."

So, yeah. I'm reinstalling.

At least I could hop on my roommate's computer and get Kav her new hair cut.

Good luck all of you who're still having issues. ._.
Back to top Go down
Sulgaranosh

Sulgaranosh

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you.   Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you. EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 10:07 pm

/hug Kavi /givebooze
Back to top Go down
Kavije

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you.   Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you. EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 3:43 pm

*Takes the booze.* It's all working fine now.

Now to sift through what patches work and what ones don't. I hope BigWigs still works, I can't seem to find a new version of it for 3.0.2...
Back to top Go down
Sulgaranosh

Sulgaranosh

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you.   Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you. EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 5:28 am

So, here are my initial reactions.

Damn. The World of Warcraft is...pretty.

Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you. WoWScrnShot_101508_180557

Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you. WoWScrnShot_100708_163903

Things are, um...well...errr...

Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you. 3manlawl

(Yes. He died.)

And finally, Priests. Two pairs of words describe Priests best now. "Holy Shit," and:

Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you. L33t

Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you. Crits
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you.   Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you. Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting to know patch 3.0.2 and you.
Page 1 of 1