Ashes - a Shadow Council RP guild.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A World of Warcraft guild on Shadow Council US server.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Eiko's Ashes Application
ZA Forum RP - Signups EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 1:21 am by Eiko

» Zaleindris- 80 Retribution Paladin
ZA Forum RP - Signups EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 3:32 am by zaleindris

» Ashtotem 80 Elemental Shaman
ZA Forum RP - Signups EmptyMon May 11, 2009 6:56 pm by Ashtotem

» Somebodyy 80 Shadow Priest
ZA Forum RP - Signups EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 5:02 pm by Somebodyy

» Application-Phrath- Death knight
ZA Forum RP - Signups EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 8:30 am by Triduana

» Do you wish to delete this Character?
ZA Forum RP - Signups EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 3:08 pm by Zebdag

» Patchwerk mechanics: Whoops
ZA Forum RP - Signups EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 4:15 pm by Typhron

» New site (>^_^)>
ZA Forum RP - Signups EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 11:42 am by Durindal

» You greedy pigs... j/k
ZA Forum RP - Signups EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 5:50 pm by Bowstornm

ZA Forum RP - Signups

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Zed

Zed

ZA Forum RP - Signups Empty
PostSubject: ZA Forum RP - Signups   ZA Forum RP - Signups EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 8:46 pm

I'm thinking of trying to set up a forum roleplay thread. The way these work is you just post a segment mostly involving your own character in novel format. Try to not assume too much how other peoples' character will act, but small things are usually ok. I won't enforce a strict post order, but it is courteous to wait for others to post if they have not done so recently.

This will simply be a Zul'Aman run in RP format. We won't necessarily need a healer and a tank, though if that's how your character does things IC that's fine. You can even side with the Amani if you really want to (just remember that no matter how cool your character is, if he's a bad guy, then he must lose in the end). It's ok to be liberal with what your character can do and what the enemies can do - we don't have to stick to the actual in-game abilities. Just don't make yourself unreasonably powerful. I maintain the right to cancel out anything someone posts in the RP if I deem it unreasonable (this includes what your character does, writing what someone else's character does, and what you say the enemies do).

The main reason I'm setting this up is because I was thinking of getting Zarano some way of being sane part of the time, creating a jekyll/hyde, banner/hulk sort of situation. Zul'Aman seemed suitable because the animal bosses can be described as Primals. I haven't decided on the specifics of how Zar's change will occur, and I welcome anyone else to help come up with something if they want to integrate themselves into Zarano's story. This can be finding an artifact that subdues the Primal, casting magic on it, or cursing him with a half-life type thing. It can even be the side effect of whatever else goes on in the RP as the Amani primals are fought.

If you are interested, post in this thread with either character descriptions of who you want in the RP, or with any questions you have.

edit: guests from Circle of Shadow welcome to join this RP

Last edited by Zed on Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zed

Zed

PostSubject: Re: ZA Forum RP - Signups   ZA Forum RP - Signups EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 8:46 pm

Name: Tathon Zarano (generally goes by Zarano)

Apparent Age: about 45 when he died

Race: Undead human

Class: Warrior/Primal (check WoWwiki for a description of the latter)

Profession: bear (see Story)

Allies/Pets/Kin: A feminine (but ultimately genderless) spirit of earth called Luna resides in Zarano's large metal collar. She was placed there by the shaman Swiftfoot to keep him in check while still allowing him to roam relatively free. Luna can communicate with shaman, but otherwise rarely makes her presence seen outside of the occasional zap to prevent Zarano from mauling someone he shouldn't.

Appearance: 7' 2", 430lbs (think a cross between fictitious Juggernaut and real-life Andre the Giant)
Having recently completely succumbed to his inner beast - known as a Primal - Zarano lumbers around on all fours, his behemoth form giving him a bear-like demeanor. The bones protruding from his hunched back and oversized shoulders have been formed into vicious spikes by the eerie Primal magic. Strands with trollish charms hang from a thick metal collar secured to his neck, and leather straps adorn his muscular hide. He carries no weapons, but the bone of his fingers have developed into daggerlike claws.
poorly done image here
(note: his size is not a part of the Primal - he's just a huge guy)

Personality: The Primal within him (which currently dominates his personality) is wild and fierce, often hungry despite the fact that undead don't have to eat. He is uneasy around humanoids, though Swiftfoot or her allies sometimes call upon him to aid them, relying on Luna's earth shocks to make him follow commands.

Non-Primal personality currently is something of a non-issue. I'll go into detail with it if it becomes prevalent.

Strengths: Primal gives him razor claws, feral senses (including smell, even though he has no nose, and a sixth animal sense - think Spider-Sense, but much weaker), swift reactions, and limited communcation with other animals. Well-muscled and extremely large and strong. Accomplished war veteran and mercenary before he became undead.

Weaknesses: Currently exhibits an unintelligent animal mind. Does not comprehend speech (when in groups, mainly aimed at the bad guys, with assistance from Luna). Exhibits no little to no forethought. Ruled by predatory animal instincts.
Back to top Go down
Kavije

PostSubject: Re: ZA Forum RP - Signups   ZA Forum RP - Signups EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 5:19 am

Kavije will be joining in on this RP. Very Happy

To save space, and save me time from re-writing her character sheet, I've just linked it.

Kavi's Bio
Back to top Go down
Agrivain
Admin
Agrivain

PostSubject: Re: ZA Forum RP - Signups   ZA Forum RP - Signups EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 2:40 am

Name: Agrivain Forsyte.

Apparent Age: Late 30s.

Race: Forsaken.

Class: Warrior.

Profession: Champion of the Banshee Queen, Knight-General of the Apothecary Guard.

Allies/Pets/Kin: A worg pup named "Nathanos," after the Blightcaller. His fellow Forsaken is better honored by having a dog named after him than even a first-born son, according to Agrivain.

Appearance: Few have caught a glimpse of him, as he almost never removes his armor, which always consists of the most powerful artifacts he's gotten his hands on at the time. He completely disregards his outward appearence.

Agrivain was just a hair over 6' in life, and is somewhat slighter in death. He has also lost most of his flesh and muscle, leaving him slender and decrepit beneath his heavy metal. The strength that fuels him now has little natural in it.

Personality: Ruthlessly efficient in both his actions and his words. Vacillates from apathy to seething intensity almost without warning, depending on the matter at hand. Sometimes reveals sense of humor that ranges from sarcastic to morose. Despite often treating them caustically, he retains an underlying sense of respect toward his soldiers and allies.

Strengths: Determined beyond all reason. Utterly, unquestionably loyal to his Dark Lady. Accepts no surrender or compromise unless absolutely necessary to his cause.

Weaknesses: Determined beyond all reason. Utterly, unquestionably loyal to his Dark Lady. Accepts no surrender or compromise unless absolutely necessary to his cause.
Back to top Go down
Zed

Zed

PostSubject: Re: ZA Forum RP - Signups   ZA Forum RP - Signups EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 1:56 am

If I can get one more person to post a character, then we can get started on this thing.
Back to top Go down
Kavije

PostSubject: Re: ZA Forum RP - Signups   ZA Forum RP - Signups EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 11:16 am

Woot!
Back to top Go down
Typhron

Typhron

PostSubject: Re: ZA Forum RP - Signups   ZA Forum RP - Signups EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 3:40 pm

Name: Typhron "The Fool" Duskphoenix

Apparent Age: 156 (Translate to about 23 humans years...? Iunno)

Race: Blood Elf

Class: Paladin/Techno Mage

Profession: See above.

Allies/Pets/Kin: For all he knows he has no non-immediate family, and both parents are presumed dead, neither showing their heads since the scourge invasion.

Appearance: Tanner skin then most elves, but generic all around. No offsetting scars or anything that would make him visable through a crowd other then an axe and a few spots on his armor caked in blood or blasting powder, yet a good portion of his armor is covered by the tabard he wears.

Personality: Volatile, yet predictable. It's always pretty clear something else is going on in his head then what's on the surface, yet what is more of the problem.

))Ues, I just copied Zarano's thing and went over it. Do I get -DKP for that?))
Back to top Go down
Zed

Zed

PostSubject: Re: ZA Forum RP - Signups   ZA Forum RP - Signups EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 6:16 pm

Ok, with the 4 of us I'll go ahead and start this off in another thread sometime tonight. I'll accept up to two more people into this - just post a character description in this thread, and I'll figure out a way to get you in depending on where we are.

Remember that I'm hoping to get a plot device to allow Zarano to not be all bear all the time, so and everyone involved is more than welcome to try to introduce a way for this to work out in the course of the story. Since it's been some time since this was originally posted, refresh yourself with the ground rules I laidout at the beginning of this thread (I know I need to recheck what I wrote...)
Back to top Go down
Zed

Zed

PostSubject: Re: ZA Forum RP - Signups   ZA Forum RP - Signups EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 10:27 pm

I've been busy, and trying to make the first post fairly big. It's comin... sorry for the delay
Back to top Go down
Kavije

PostSubject: Re: ZA Forum RP - Signups   ZA Forum RP - Signups EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 3:45 pm

*Cracks whip!* Get to it!

Kidding. Razz Good luck with class and crap.
Back to top Go down
Kevinod

Kevinod

PostSubject: Re: ZA Forum RP - Signups   ZA Forum RP - Signups EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 4:18 pm

Is the post dead or I could add a caracter ?
Back to top Go down
Zed

Zed

PostSubject: Re: ZA Forum RP - Signups   ZA Forum RP - Signups EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 3:48 am

Hn, guess I should kick it off. I had a week or so in which I was really busy, and this slipped my mind. Go ahead and add your character, and I'll flesh out my introduction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ZA Forum RP - Signups   ZA Forum RP - Signups Empty

Back to top Go down

ZA Forum RP - Signups
Page 1 of 1