Ashes - a Shadow Council RP guild.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A World of Warcraft guild on Shadow Council US server.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Eiko's Ashes Application
Crane story EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 1:21 am by Eiko

» Zaleindris- 80 Retribution Paladin
Crane story EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 3:32 am by zaleindris

» Ashtotem 80 Elemental Shaman
Crane story EmptyMon May 11, 2009 6:56 pm by Ashtotem

» Somebodyy 80 Shadow Priest
Crane story EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 5:02 pm by Somebodyy

» Application-Phrath- Death knight
Crane story EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 8:30 am by Triduana

» Do you wish to delete this Character?
Crane story EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 3:08 pm by Zebdag

» Patchwerk mechanics: Whoops
Crane story EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 4:15 pm by Typhron

» New site (>^_^)>
Crane story EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 11:42 am by Durindal

» You greedy pigs... j/k
Crane story EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 5:50 pm by Bowstornm

Crane story

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Johcrane

Crane story Empty
PostSubject: Crane story   Crane story EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 9:13 pm

The creature stared at its reflection in the rippling waters of the fountain. Every feature was familiar, yet not. Every scar from every battle brought back some memory in vivid color, memories which were his and not. The sun warmed his skin as he sat watching his reflection and the hustle and bustle of the Court of the Sun in Silvermoon. The proud city, ancient and beautiful, was now scarred itself under the attention the so-called Lich King, Arthas. Its beautiful, shining appearance served only to camoflage the darkness lurking just beyond its gilded facades. The creature's lips curled into a sadistic grin. We are not unlike, you and I, it thought.
A slight tug at his robes stirred the crature from its thoughts. A young sin'dorei child, no higher than his waist stood there, a tear in its eye.
'Sir, can you please help me? I was walking with my family when I saw something pretty and went to look. Then, then they were gone' the child spoke, beginning to sob. "Can you help me find them? Please?'
'The child is alone..'.its thoughts spoke, like a sweet whisper. 'She is young, full of life...you know what that means....'. All too well it thought with a slight grimace. The damned Hunger, the hunger for magics that all sin'dorei were cursed with. Through its experience and travels, the creature had learned to feed that hunger through the life essence of its enemies. A lost child would make for a most succulent meal.
'There, that alleyway...a short distance from the Scar. No one would know. She wandered off, found her way into that cursed part of the city and was dispactched by some horror within. A terrible tragedy.'
It was temptiing and the girl would disappear easily enough, for there was not a day that went by that some tragedy didn't befall someone. No, he has far more important things on his mind, a new offer from some old acquaintances. Killing this child could potentally endager much grander work. It had nothing to do with the fact that the girl reminded him of a young child he was knew long ago. Not one bit.
'Come with me, miss. Dry your eyes. We'll go talk to one of those nice guards over and see if he can't help you. I'm sure he is much more capable than myself in these matters.' He reached down and gently wiped a tear from the girl's cheek as he took her hand and led her to one of the many guards watching over the entrance to the Sunfury Spire. A few quick momnets later, the guard and the girl were off to find her parents and the creature was left to its buisness.
'You are getting weak.'
The creature dismissed the thought as he peered into the Spire, knowing that the orb that would bear him to the ruins of Lorderon and the great necropolis underneath it where his new mission would begin lay within. He idly went over the missive in his mind, every detail etched into its perfect and timeless memory:
'Lord Joh'nathion,
You have done great things for us in the past and we wish to enlist your aid in yet a greater endeavor. Come and visit us in the Undercity and we shall discuss the times ahead.
Signed,
Master Apothecary Faranell
Royal Apothcark Society'
'New torments to unleash upon the mortal...delightful.....'
Back to top Go down

Crane story
Page 1 of 1